[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Do you like to write? Do you have content to share? Are you interested in writing for us?
The goal is that this site be a community effort in encouraging and helping one another so please do share content that you believe will be helpful to others or make suggestions of topics that could be covered – even if you don’t feel you can write the content.
Due to a variety of reasons we cannot post every article that is submitted. However, the following are some guidelines for your writing that will increase the likelihood of your articles being chosen to feature on the site.
- Choose a Blog Post category from the list in the infographic below – state which category you have chosen with your article submission. (Eg. Inspirational Post). Please note that we will not accept ‘Rant Posts’ or ‘Attack Posts’. ‘Debate Posts’ will be considered if written carefully with the following guidelines in mind. Other than those types, consider how you can best present your content. Is there a way you could present it differently and in a more compelling way using one of the other post types? In other words, a variety of post type submissions would be nice and is more likely to garner attention. Ultimately choose what is best for presenting your content and be willing to think outside of the box.
- Choose your suggested headline but be aware that this will probably be edited (due to technical marketing stuff in trying to increase traffic).
- Write your article in a format consistent with the type of post that you are writing – (Eg. A List Post should have an easy to read list following an introduction to the list.) If you’re unsure of how a particular post type should be written, googling the post type should help you out. (ie. “how to write a great ‘ultimate guide’ post”)
- Keep the word count to 2,000 words or less. A short article that packs a powerful punch is better than a long article that rambles. However, if you need the extra words to adequately share the content, then do so. Articles of more than 2,000 words are less likely to be considered, however, due to research on audience attention span!
- Content should have a positive impact on the reader – it should be helpful, inspiring, fun, relevant, etc. It should not be confusing, discouraging, or putting down individuals or establishments.
- Content should come from a biblical perspective. This does not mean every article needs to say something biblical in a direct manner. However, we are not going to promote ideas or things that go against the Bible (Eg. Bad attitudes towards a person or promotion of sinful ideologies). If giving advice on how to handle loneliness, for example, that advice should come from a perspective on how to handle that situation biblically. Some articles will mention nothing about the Bible or God, etc. while others will be much more direct in communicating something biblical.
- We want to acknowledge you as the writer so please write a brief biographical profile to be included with your article. You can look at the bottom of previous articles for examples. Headshot photos, if used, need to be added to Gravatar. If your article submission is approved, you will be sent login info in order to set up your profile. Instructions on how to do this will also be provided at the time.
- Please note that all articles will go through an editing and formatting process before being published.
- Once published, your article will also be promoted on the Health Warriors Youtube channel, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and other forms of social media. We encourage you to promote your own articles, as well as others you find helpful, so that others can also benefit.
The key when writing is to write on a subject you personally know about. While we are looking for well-written work, it doesn’t need to be of a ‘professional’ standard – helpful content for our readers is the most important factor and all our articles will undergo an editing and formatting process that can tighten up any glaring weaknesses.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Do I need to format the article?” el_id=”1466700024994-b7d2f8a7-26f3″]The more formatting you can do, the better, but we’ll do most of that our end so don’t let this be a barrier to sending us content. For example, if writing a List Post, make a clear distinction between your introductory paragraphs and the list itself.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Do I need to submit images?” el_id=”1466700144450-492a884c-8c0b”]If you have an image you think would be good to include – especially if you’re sharing a personal testimony or you’re talking about a product you’re reviewing, then please do include them. However, if you have no images to include, don’t worry – we’ll find something appropriate and add it to the post when we format it.[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”Can I not mention anything negative?” el_id=”1466700312093-4a8ff9d6-2ef0″]Of course! A lot of what we experience is negative and it’s okay to say that something is bad or difficult. The key is to end on a positive note so that we don’t leave people feeling down, frustrated, angry, or other negative emotions. So, if you want to share a negative experience, find a way to share it so that it ends in a positive light.
For example, if you had a bad experience at a certain hospital or with a certain product or person and you feel it’s worth other people knowing about it, just be careful not to rant (and certainly not to put a person down). Find a way to communicate the experience in a positive way that will benefit the reader. For example, what did you personally learn from the negative experience that could help others?[/vc_toggle][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_toggle title=”When will my article be published if accepted?” el_id=”1466700722669-9e7e301f-2be3″]This site is currently operating on the principle of publishing a new article twice a week – on a Monday and Friday. On that basis, it will be published at the first most suitable opportunity taking into account the publishing schedule, subject matter, etc. When possible, we will notify you when it will be published so you can share with your friends and family.[/vc_toggle][vc_separator border_width=”3″][vc_column_text]
We don’t want the nuts and bolts of writing to get in the way of sharing helpful content so, while they do matter, we ultimately want to hear from you so we can all learn from each other.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask and we’ll get back to you when possible. Please practice patience and understanding in consideration of the fact that the operators of this site are also struggling with chronic illness themselves so response may be slower than ideal.
We look forward to hearing and learning from you!
Please use the email address below to submit your articles…[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_btn title=”writers @ health-warriors (dot) com” align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”6227″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]